The best web traffic you can get is what is known as organic traffic. No, it’s got nothing to do with pesticides and chemicals! This is organic web traffic. That’s different from direct traffic. Direct traffic means you placed a link somewhere like Facebook, Google+, Twitter, etc. and someone clicked on that link to hit your website.
On the other hand, organic traffic happens when the customer visiting your site found you on one of the search engines like Google or Bing. They were looking for something specific and your website jumped out and grabbed them! You were found! Organic traffic is our friend!
Ultimately, your goal is to get indexed by the search engines Bing (Yahoo) and Google. The higher, the better. Hopefully you’ll be ranked on the first page of the results. Tied in with content, links and social media trust in your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will skyrocket!
That’s where your SEO success metrics come into play. And there are 5 practical attributes you need to know for SEO success. What it will do to help you in indexing and getting ranked.
5 PRACTICAL ATTRIBUTES TO KNOW FOR SEO SUCCESS
Take your SEO success metrics over the top! Make this a best practice and you won’t regret it!
- Make effective use of your Home Page Settings. This is what will show up under your URL on the Google/Bing listing. It is also where you can put in additional keywords.Here is a search engine results page (SERP) for my post, Making Money Online. Incidentally, it’s been in the #1 position for weeks now! A testament to SEO success metrics!
- Provide the Webmaster Verification Codes for your website from Google and Bing. IT’S IMPORTANT! This is critical to getting started with your website indexing. You read that right! You won’t get indexed without this bit of info for each search engine that will be indexing your website!
- Provide your Google Plus Default Profile to assist with indexing. It’s well documented that the website owner have a Google Plus account will boost your rankings! Google. Google Plus. Get it? Maybe it’s not the most important factor in ranking, but it is proven to help!
- Provide your Google Analytics ID to the indexing search engine. This attribute helps you with learning important things about your website. Things like number of visitors, referring keywords, referring links, how long the visitor stayed, etc. It will also give you vital info on crawl errors. Those are errors like broken links, pages that don’t exist, and so on.
- Provide info for getting your site registered and verified by Google and Bing. Website owner verification is vital to getting indexed properly. This sort of ties in with attribute 2. But it also covers additional things that will benefit indexing your website.
Each attribute deserves its own space since they are such extraordinary contributors to SEO success metrics. That’s why I’m going to cover each one in its own post. Give you a step-by-step. So you guessed correctly: this is part one of a three part series! Pull up a chair… you came to visit anyway, right? So let’s talk SEO…
First things first. Gotta have something to manage your SEO!
Use Good SEO Tools To Boost SEO Success Metrics
Make sure you have the All In One SEO plugin installed into your WordPress® theme. The remainder of this post and series will use this plugin. Most users going through the certification courses at Wealthy Affiliate use All In One although some members use another plugin named Yoast.
Kyle uses All In One in the Wealthy Affiliate training, so we’re going to stick with that. Once you become more experienced you can feel free to switch to Yoast which will import all of your All In One stuff. It might even take your SEO success metrics even further!
How to install All In One SEO? Piece of cake! Edit your WordPress® website and on the widget bar on the left, click on PlugIns, then click on Add New.
At the next screen, type in “all in one” in the Search window and the All In One SEO Pack will show up at the top of the list.
Click on the “Install Now” button to install the plugin. Once it is installed you will need to click on the “Activate” button to make it live.
Once the plugin is activated it will appear on the left Widget bar.
Extend your SEO Success Metrics: Write Some Good Content
As you write out your content, the SEO plugin will get some of the information it needs. But not all of it. I’m going to get some coffee or tea and take a break here while you build out your page contents! Update it, then come back here. Let me know when you’re back…
Great coffee, by the way!
When it comes to SEO success metrics, the SEO tools that you need come with Wealthy Affiliate membership! We’re in the business of helping people get started with an online business. I’d like to help you!
For $0 I will set you up with two free websites, free web hosting, the stellar WordPress Content Management System software PLUS free bonuses that I’ll make sure you get when you Create An Account.
Upgrade to Premium within seven (7) days of creating your Starter account and you’ll get an additional bonus discount for the first month. Details when you create an account!
Or take the plunge for 50 websites and unlimited email addresses for $49 a month (hint: pay by the year for $359 – a savings of over $220 a year!!!). PLUS you get even more bonuses that I’ll get for you after you Create A Premium Account.
And as always, if you need any help or need questions answered, feel free to contact me at my Wealthy Affiliate profile.
Until next time, I am
Back To The Top